Dec 17, 2009

Holiday Dinner: Setting the Table

Every year, I host my family for the holidays. I love setting up the table to help add to the Christmas cheer. Last year I used mini stockings to hold the silverware with a simple napkin folded underneath.  And, of course, I had red chargers and Christmas plates too!  


Then, my centerpiece was a vase filled with cranberries and candles.


The year before that, I wrapped up my napkins in Jingle Bells and set my plates on gold chargers.


And my centerpiece was awesome! I filled a vase with little bells - it was so cute!

Source: Mad in Crafts

And this year, as you know, my home is decked out in purple and gold. I have a poinsetta from a friend, Thank You!, on top of a gold platter, surrounded by gold garland and purple candles. I haven't decided yet on how I'll do my napkins, but here are a few great ideas for those of you entertaining at home.


Holly Napkin Holders, Source: Martha


Tree shaped napkin rings, Source: Martha


Ornament Napkin Ring, Source: BHG

Another great idea would be to slip your napkins into a cookie cutter. And then place a cookie on top of each plate with the person's name attached.

Source: Amazon



Now that would be sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment