Dec 14, 2009

Holiday Colors: Purple, Plum & Gold

Every year, I can't wait until I can put up my tree and decorate the house. Christmas is my favorite time of year, so much, that I contemplated a December or January wedding for myself... but I knew an outdoor wedding in 5 degree weather would not work...

This year, I decided to do something different when decorating my home for the holidays. Instead of traditional red and green, or even silver and gold, I found some beautiful plum and purple ornaments for my tree and some gorgeous decorations for my home.



Source: Martha Stewart at Kmart

I love these home decor photos of gorgeous purples and golds used throughout the home for the holidays. It makes me want to paint my walls a rich shade of purple and buy a gold tree!

Source: Ideal Home


Source: Daily Mail

Of course, as I was decorating my home, I couldn't help but think how beautiful this color scheme could be for a winter wedding! I have visions of sugarplums dancing in my head! 
Check out this beautiful inspiration board!


Source: Utah Bride

You can even stick with traditional Christmas plants and have purple poinsetta.

Source: Beekenkamp

Purples and Golds can be used at any time of year, but I think the color really stands out during the holidays.

More holiday color ideas will be coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment