Jan 4, 2010

Christmas is Over....But Inspiration can Still be Found: Part 2

I promised more wonderful combinations, and here they are! I couldn't believe all of the spectacular trees I found at Navy Pier on New Year's Eve. I was oohing and aahing with every step!!!

This tree reminded me of my own wedding. I love the simplicity of golds, browns and champagnes. Again, please excuse the poor picture quality!


This color combination fits perfectly into an autumn setting. Light shades of pink and peach complement it well, along with shades of soft amber light.


Red and Aqua was a hot trend this year in weddings. And anyone can understand why when they look at this stunning tree! 


I found so many amazing weddings with red and aqua or red and teal as a color combination, it was so hard to choose inspiration boards that I wanted to share. So, here are two!  Red and aqua allow you to make your wedding fun and vibrant, or elegant and modern with a fun twist.




Another unexpected, yet trendy color that has been popping up in weddings lately is yellow. And, I would've have never expected to see this on a Christmas tree. But, alas, at Navy Pier, I did. And, I love it!


Usually, yellow and black reminds me of bumble bees and sunflowers. But, now it makes me think of Christmas! Actually, it doesn't, but it does inspire me with weddings! Again, I couldn't choose! Yellow and black goes perfectly with any formal setting. It gives it a perfect French Nouveau feeling, while still being fresh and fun.

Source: Easy Weddings


Source: Paper Olive

Next time you're out, whether it's in a department store, an art gallery, a neighbor's home, or wherever, I hope you find a little inspiration. Or, at least, something sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment